Junior Achievement Ireland is part of a worldwide organisation, which seeks to highlight the importance of remaining in education to young people. We are seeking to recruit a Programme Coordinator for the Dublin office to help grow and sustain relationships with our partner businesses, volunteers and schools.
It is anticipated that the ideal candidate for the position of Programme Coordinator will be a highly motivated and dynamic individual who is energetic and enthusiastic with the capacity to engage and motivate others. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; be self-motivated and innovative with a flexible approach to working hours. The candidate will be a strong team player with fluent English communication skills (both written and oral). It is essential that the candidate has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint); and possess a full clean driving license and access to transport.
It is highly desirable that the candidate has a demonstrable interest in assisting in the development of non - formal educational activities for young people and has the ability to motivate and encourage volunteers to enable them to provide quality learning experiences for primary and secondary level students.
The position will involve:
- Recruiting business volunteers from JA supporting companies
- Scheduling and delivering training seminars to participating business volunteers
- Supporting all JA volunteers through the phases of induction, training and delivery
- Managing all the logistics involved in ensuring participating schools and volunteers enjoy a positive and productive experience throughout the delivery of JA programmes
- Liaising with school authorities to ensure teachers are fully briefed and pupils can optimize their time on the JA programmes
- Event Management
- General administration
The candidate will be required to have:
- A third level business related or similar qualification which is relevant to the performance of the role
- A proven track record of successful relationship management
- The ability to conduct training seminars, to manage projects, and deliver to strict deadlines
- Operational management skills to co-ordinate the work of business volunteers from our supporting companies as well as meeting the expectations of the principals and teachers of the participating schools
- Proven ability as a multitasker and ‘self-starter’- this is an extremely fast paced role and requires the individual to manage a number of projects and tasks simultaneously
- Full driving licence and access to a car
All applications to be sent to Ann Butler, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Development, Junior Achievement Ireland